Project Manager for NeIC PaRI: The ongoing once-in-a-century pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19) is caused by the “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2” (SARS‑CoV‑2). With the technological advantage over the last decade, we are able to track the virus in near-real time. This is unprecedented and causes new challenges in data management and research infrastructures to enable an exceptional number of individual researchers performing multiple analyses in parallel, using publicly available data.
PaRI contributes to the NeIC Strategic objectives as follows :
- Facilitate collection and storage of sequence and other human related COVID-19 data
- Facilitate Nordic analysis of Nordic pandemic data using Galaxy and a research e-infrastructure in the Nordics
- Deploy Secure cloud infrastructure for sharing and presentation of pandemic research datasets and results
- Contribute to building the evolutionary tree of viral strains, based on RNA sequences of patient samples infected with coronavirus as they become known and shared.
- Intend to make the viral and host data collected during pandemic findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR) by supporting seamless cross-border access, and adopting data representation standards by existing federated sharing platforms, e.g. EGA.
- Work in close collaboration with other nordic e-Infrastructure projects in addition to EU projects to support the use cases.
Coordinator of WP6.2.3 (Lightweight virtualization for HPC) in PRACE 6IP (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe)
Deputy leader of T6.6 (Sensitive Data) in EOSC (European Open Science Cloud)
Team leader of EOSC-Nordic T5.2 - Analysis and Post-processing across borders
Team leader of EOSC-Nordic T5.4 - Sensitive Data
- Project Manager for Tryggve2 - Nordic sensitive data services : Producing Nordic distributed services for Sensitive Biomedical data. Managing and leading a distributed team in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden, with project volume 6M€. I am responsible on the results and budget of the project as well as management and leadership in the project team. Tasks include stakeholder communication, dissemination in international arena, and adapting project work with changing environment.
- Coordinator of WP6.2.5 (Containers and VMs for HPC) in PRACE 5IP (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe)
- Coordinator of the Norwegian node in Tryggve (Nordic Sensitive data services)
Research and Academic Interests
- High Performance Computing
- High Throughput Computing
- High Availability Computing
- Linux Containers
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Machine/Deep Learning